Streets of Sorrow (about Hollywood)
by David Rakoff
For this blog, I read Streets of Sorrow (about Hollywood) written by David Rakoff. By just reading the title of this essay, I knew that it was going to be a negative article. As I read it, I was right. Author Rakoff did an excellent job in describing the city of Hollywood. This author main descriptions were very well done. As you read it, it seemed like you were right next to him. The way he would describe the other tourist was in a negative way. He also mentioned how several stars were forgotten even after they had their spot in the Walk of Fame. He also described his stay in the Hollywood Roosevelt wasn't that great. The hotel had been portrayed quite different than how it was. He didn't know if the hotel had half of the stuff it said it had. He described how he felt that many of the hotel attendants were more focused on more important, younger guest. Rakoff was a guest that didn't receive the attention that was suppose to be provided to him.
No comments:
Post a Comment